Rules and Regulations
1. The club shall be called “DOLLAR HORTICULTURAL AND GARDEN CLUB”
2. The club shall be governed by a president, vice president, treasurer, secretary and committee, five people to form a quorum. All shall retire annually but are eligible for re-election annually.
3. All citizens of Dollar are deemed to be members and may vote at the A.G.M. or attend any meeting of the club subject to payment of any entrance fee agreed by the committee.
4. The club will organise an annual Flower Show and other events and visits with the aim of promoting an interest in gardening throughout the community.
5. No competitor may stage more than one lot for a prize in any class. However, a competitor may stage additional exhibits in one class out with the competition using an open competition label marked “Not for competition.”
6. Each article entered for competition must have a competition label attached. These labels are available free of charge from the President or Show Manager or at the show venue when staging your exhibit.
7. The judge's decision shall be final. The judges may withhold prizes or awards where the article is not worthy. The committee reserves the right to confirm the validity of entries by inspecting gardens.
8. Points for cups will be awarded as follows- 1stprize-3 points, 2nd prize-2 points 3rd prize-1 point. In the event of a tie the competitor with the most first prizes shall win. If there is still a tie the competitor with the most second prizes shall win.
9. All entries must be staged on Saturday morning 7.30-10 am. The show shall be open from 1.30 - 4.00 pm. when the room will be cleared. No article may be removed from the room before the close without the consent of the committee.
10. Facilities will be available to allow flowers to be dressed and staged. The club provides exhibition vases at no cost.
11. All articles in Knitting and Handwork must be shown as from needle, may be pressed but not washed.
12. The committee will not be responsible for any loss or damage to exhibits during the show.
13. Any prize money will be paid out on the afternoon of the show.
14. All trophies must be returned to the President or Secretary three weeks before the show.
15. Novices are those who have never won a prize in the appropriate section.
16. Any matter not provided for in these rules will be referred to the committee whose decision will be final.
Click here for some hints and tips for the exhibitor.