Dollar Virtual Flower and Craft Show 2020
Saturday 5th September 2020
Submit photographs* of your entries to Dollarshow20@gmail.com
17th August and 31st August 2020.
Closing date for entries 31st August 2020.
Images of entries will be shared via DHGC social
media posts on 5th September 2020.
One photograph of each exhibit should be submitted.
There will be a small prize for all entries in the children’s classes.
~ ~ Schedule 2020 ~ ~
1. Sweet Peas - 1 vase, 9 stems (any varieties)
2. A vase of annuals
3. An arrangement of garden flowers
4. Roses: 1 vase, 3 stems, any type
5. Dahlias: 1 vase 3 blooms, any type
6. A cactus or succulent
7. A pot plant in flower
8. A patio planter or tub
9. A chilli plant
Fruit and Veg:
10. A collection of 3 different vegetables
11. Five runner beans
12. A marrow, courgette, squash or cabbage
13. Three carrots, onions or leeks
14. Five pods of peas or beans – any variety
15. Five dessert apples
16. A dish of fruit (any variety or varieties)
17. Five potatoes (same variety)
Note: Photograph fruit and veg on a white plate if possible.
18. A hand-made greeting card, of an original design, to be sent as a "Good Luck" card.
19. New from Old
20. I can craft a rainbow: An object you have made with a 'rainbow' theme. Painted, stitched, knitted, crocheted, made of glass, recycled or anything else!
21. Summer Time - an arrangement
22. A Rainbow – an arrangement
23. An explosion of colour
24. My favourite place to walk
25. Summer in Dollar
26. Wildlife in my garden
27. My Best Lockdown Bake – send a photo of your best lockdown bake plus the recipe.
28. A decorated sponge cake.
29. 3 decorated cupcakes.
30. Dress up an onion as a famous character of your choice - find inspiration at https://www.vegetablefruitcarving.com/blog/onion-festival-switzerland/
31. Famous Painting Recreation - using only what you have in your house, garden, and wardrobe, recreate ANY famous painting. Involve your family, pets and anything you can find as props. Send your photo along with an image of the famous painting you are recreating.
32. Recycled Garden – a photo showing how you have used recycled materials to grow fruit, flowers and or veg - no matter how big or small your garden!
Children’s Classes – open to everyone up to 16 years of age.
Send a photo of you (optional) and your entries*.
33. A trio of decorated biscuits or buns with a rainbow, bee and flower design.
34. A bumble bee picture.
35. An arrangement of garden flowers.
36. A meringue or cake decorated with edible flowers.
37. A piece of jewellery made from garden flowers.
38. My amazing “lockdown” make.
39. A photograph – My Favourite Outdoor Place
|*The photos of all entries will be made into a video and shared publicly on
Saturday 5th September 2020.
Images may be published in the press and/or on social media e.g. YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
By submitting photographs of your exhibits you are agreeing to DHGC sharing the images in this way.
© Copyright: Dollar Gardens